Ooh, I am behind, lovely readers. So much has happened in a week, but I haven't been chatting about it. Groom is back, and with him comes a few growing pains. Nothing serious, but there is a definite amount of feeling each other out, and identifying new borders. We lived together in this apartment for nearly six months before he left, but in the 22 months following, I have become territorial. I am trying not to be, but this all comes at a weird time. I'm balancing semester-end, developing my thesis proposal, and trying to still go have some semblance of a social life..oh, and I want to still squeeze in a yoga class. Adding Groom into the mix is certainly an adjustment, but one I think will be fun. SO it is Thankful Thursday, so here's the list:
- I am thankful for the 2 most fulfilling days at my place of employment I have had since starting here. It was genuinely enjoyable and meaningful to help with a cause that I hold dear.
- I am thankful for the opportunity to read to my 5th grader today. We are reading Peter Pan, which is filled with fanciful and opaque language, but my 5th grader wants to soldier on. She's a smart kid in a shitty public school system, and I intend to make sure that she has a source of imagination through reading, and a sense of self because someone is paying attention just to her for the hour we have each week.
- I am thankful that I feel mostly prepared for the next few weeks of hell that is finals. My presentation is in progress, and my thesis proposal is underway. Despite that I am not getting proper guidance in my program, I am finding sources of wisdom from outside and from afar (thank you WIPT ladies), and this too is something I want to explore with my research. This whole thesis thing may work out after all.
- I am thankful that Groom is home. It's weird, and I feel a lack of sense of privacy, but I have gained my best friend back. Also, I now have someone making me dinner, and someone who will actually notice when the lightbulbs burn out this semester.
- I am thankful that my pup can roll over! That's been our fun project for the last few weeks!
- I am thankful for my lovely girlfriends, who, despite my ridiculous school schedule (I'm 30 - why am I in grad school anyway????), still invite me to do stuff. For that I am especially grateful.
So that's thankful thursday. Ups and downs, but mostly goods. How is your week? What's new? Oh, I might actually start planning a wedding again!
Also, there is still puppy cam!