Well, that turned out weird. So for this next recipe, I thought I'd be creative and try gluten-free noodles. This was a noodle fail. As I wait for the water to boil for boring old whole wheat pasta, here is the main course: Pasta with broccoli, walnuts, and ricotta
- 2/3 C walnuts
- 1 head broccoli (about a pound)
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- finely grated lemon zest and fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 7 oz fresh (organic grassfed) ricotta cheese
- 14 oz of pasta (unless you have mastered gluten-free, stick to whole wheat)
- sea salt and white fresh ground pepper
Preheat the oven to 350, and toast the walnuts until brown.
Chop broccoli into florets, and sautee in a large skillet, with the olive oil, about 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic, parsley, lemon zest, and walnuts, and cook for another 5 minutes, or until the broccoli is soft. Reduce heat to medium and add in the ricotta and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Leave this mix in the skillet to keep warm.
Drain water from pasta and add it to the sauce. Stir gently to combine and serve immediately.